Into the Mediterranean light

For a Colorado boy born in Denver back when it was a cowtown, it's a bit hard to believe I have taken up residency in Milan – by way of Thailand and China.

It wasn't a quick trip either. I spent twelve years in Chiang Mai and eight in Beijing.

After such a long time in the dusty, congested and polluted capital of China, even the airport on arrival in Milan seemed embracing. Still on a human scale, it is an easily traversed entrepot, not a city within a city, allowing easy exit out into the moderate climate of northern Italy.

What struck me the first days was the light – radiant on the earth tones of the buildings in my neighborhood and backed by an azure-blue sky. It has rained frequently since, but that too was a relief after the granite-hard air of Beijing.

Though the internet has decimated my traditional profession of print journalism, I know it is better to embrace change than attempt the lonely battle of denial. I never thought I would do it, but I too have joined the ranks of of the citizen blogger. I hope you will indulge my meanderings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘Zaha Hadid: Architect of life patterns’

Long-wanted mafia boss captured in bunker

Milan moves to grab post-Brexit business